So here I was forced into taking the bus. My parents were in Spokane, I was getting off work, and I of course needed to get home. So I went to the nearest bus stop. I waited and waited. NO bus came for over an hour! Finally the bus came but then it started driving all over the city and everywhere I didn't need to be. In my mind I was thinking..."Rachel, you got on the wrong bus, you are never going to get home." That was about the time that I started to pray. Then all of a sudden we were stopping. It was the main bus transfer center! Thank you Jesus. I then found the bus going near my house. People kept staring at me. I think it was the look of panic in my face and my attire (skirts in 20 degree weather are not normal). Needless to say I didn't care what they thought. I was finally on the right bus. When the bus got near my stop, I pulled the signal rope but it didn't signal. AHHHH! was my first thought. Luckily, it eventually worked and the bus driver stopped a little ways past my house. I had to walk for awhile in the cold, but at least I made it home.
I said this because it was an experience everyone should try at least once. Yes, it was scary my first time, but I think the second time will be better. Now, if I had a car that would be my ultimate choice, but since I am saving for a nice car, the bus is my only way. One word of advice...take bus passenger lessons so you can look like a pro on your first ride haha. Too bad they don't really have those. It sure would help people like me.

5 comments:
Aw poor Rangel =( hope you have a better experience next time! Love ya!
Thank you Rachel for such a wonderful post! Growing up my mom did not have a car and we had to ride the bus quite often. I'm always telling my hubby that before the girls can drive they need to learn how to use the bus system in case of emergency! You are so brave and a wonderful example! Love you!
Hahaha! Your story had me laughing! And that's only because I can relate...poor thing, that was probably miserable! Too bad they don't have public transit??? That's a lot easier to figure out.
Good luck next time, and that's great you're saving for a really nice car-- the bus rides will have you really really appreciating it, I imagine! =) Good luck in the cold, too...Love you!
Most in our city have never taken public transportation, though it's the norm in other cities!
I remember attending JKF High School my freshman year... they didn't have school buses, we all got a discount pass to take the Regional Transit. Quite the experience that year. It was amazing when you didn't have wheels... you could go anywhere.
Now you have your own Public Transportation stories to share when it's time! haha. Always fun to people watch isn't it!
Post a Comment