A very respected person once told me "Rachel, one day you will die." I never understood the full meaning of those words until now. Let me explain...
Have you ever sang the songs "I will give you all" or "Don't do it without me?" Have you ever prayed with desire to really be used of God? It is important to know what you are really asking for. Asking God to use you is actually the first step in the death process. This death is not physical of course. It is a slow, painful, and spiritual journey; a fight between our flesh and our spirit.
No one knows when this process will start or when it will end, but greatness in Christ can not come without death. All I know is church, God, and His kingdom. My desire has always been to be used. "God please use me" has been my constant prayer. I was reading the story of Rebecca and Isaac. It is such a beautiful story, but most people over look Rebecca. Instead, they see God's answered prayer to Abraham's servant. Imagine Rebecca, the young lady chosen by God for Isaac. Why was she chosen, or did she choose? I can picture Rebecca praying as a child "God please use me." However, she had no idea what God had planned for her. God wanted her to be an ancestor of Jesus, but it was going to require great sacrifice. She could have resisted Abraham's servant. She was being asked to leave her family and become a wife to a man she never met!!! In today's society that would have been craziness, but Rebecca was prepared. She knew this was her moment; the time God had prepared for her. She died to her desires and surrendered to God's. She chose and died. Now that is a story of greatness.
God has called everyone to greatness. He wants every believer to be used. The Holy Ghost is free but comes with a great responsibility. However, God will not force anyone to answer the call. "many are called but few are chosen" The chosen of God are people who have died. Like Rebecca, they have surrendered completely, and they have made God their everything. I can honestly say I want to die. No matter how painful, no matter how strenuous, and no matter how confusing life gets God is still the only one who is my everything. I wake up and go to bed saying "Jesus you are my everything" I am dying, but God is living.
"Let it be Lord, Let it be"
Friday, January 16, 2009
It's time to die???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment