I never realized this was a popular holiday, and I am part Irish!!! Here in Montana it is a good excuse to party in ungodly ways. I was shocked to see how far our little community went to celebrate. Ironically, this day is actually tied to a very devout Christian, St. Patrick. He introduced Christianity to Ireland and ended many of their pagan rituals, which included human sacrifices. Isn't it ironic how the World transforms a day honoring the spreading of Christianity into a slosh pit of disgusting drinking and partying. God help us! Well, since the world wants to distort this day, I just want to say something. Jesus is still the one on the throne, every day with him is a celebration, and the world can not take that away! So to all, Happy St. Patricks Day in honor of a man willing to risk his life for Jesus. Hope you are wearing green!!! 
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny (not haha) if you think about the way the world changes Christian holidays. The word "Christmas" is slowing being changed to "Holiday", ie: "Christmas Card" = "Holiday card". The birth of Christ is now more about fat man in a red suit and a rain deer with a red nose. Easter, the death and the resurrection, is now a rabbit who lays colored eggs (I don't get it).
Aaron: Yep yep it is a sad truth! The Devil distorts and confuses the truth, but Jesus sheds light and clarity! I am blessed to know and live with truth!
Post a Comment